My daughter and I spent an afternoon walking around Tel Aviv, the Carmel Market, and the Kerem HaTeimani (a section of town settled by Yemenite immigrants). The wall art and grafitti is great in that area. Here is some for you to enjoy.
- apricots basil black-eyed peas Bread bruschetta Challah Chanukah cheese cheese bread cheesecake chickpeas chickweed cholent chutney cornbread curry dairy Eating Local edible weeds eggplant Elizabeth David fish fish soup gat Hawaij homebrewing Jerusalem Kosher Cooking Carnival kreplach latkehs Leda Meredith leeks Lekach lentils locavore mallows medicinal weeds muffins Nettles olive oil open-air market Passover peaches Pine Nuts plums raspberries recipe rice roast chicken Rosh HaShanah Safed Saffron semolina Shabbat Shepherd's Purse shuk silan simanim soup sourdough taxi ride tehina tehina cookies recipe tomatoes Tsfat turkey urban foraging vegetarian vinegar wadi walnuts wine Yom Kippur za'atar zucchini
Rachel Dangermond on Fish in Coconut Milk silei on Fish in Coconut Milk The Crochet Lady on Sourdough Onion Bread Jpix Jewish and Isra… on Suspicious Object Kosher Cooking Carni… on Grilled Eggplant and Tech…
- 138,602 hits
CopyrightCopyright Unless otherwise noted, all recipes, writing and photography are the copyright © of Mimi54 (Miriam Kresh), and may not be reproduced without permission except under fair usage provisions. All rights reserved.
2009 Weblog Awards – Vote for Israeli Kitchen Best Food Blog!
- 1 A Week Without Shopping Books I'm Reading Cookbooks I Like Eating Local Emergency Food Preparation Everyday Cooking Herbal Shmerbals Home Bakery Israeli Food Blogs Israeli Moments Just Fpr Fun Just Hungry Liquor is Quickor Passover Preparing for Emergencies Rosh HaShana Shavuot soup Sweet Things Travels Useful Flavorings and Relishes What's Cooking for Shabbos and Yom Tov Wine and Vinegar
Subscribe to IsraeliKitchen
Follow Me on Twitter
The Weather in Tel Aviv
Food Blog Search
- Quick, yeasted herb and olive bread: wp.me/pJJxx-1qD 1 week ago
- Easy Herb and Olive Bread nblo.gs/10A4MT 1 week ago
- Dipping slices of no-knead bread into garlicky tahini and wishing for cold beer. 2 weeks ago
- No-knead bread:1.5 c. H2o; 1/4 tsp. yeast;2 tsp salt,3 c. flour. Mix, rest overnight. Stretch&fold, rise 2 more hours. Bake@ 400 degrees. 2 weeks ago
- Cooler weather brought mosquitoes out. I find essential oil of geranium effective in scaring them off. Dab some on a tissue & place closeby. 3 weeks ago